Chemical Dependency Assessments

For mental health crisis services, please contact Canvas Health Mobile Crisis at 952-818-3702 or the Scott County Mental Health Center at 952-496-8481.  For medical emergencies please call 911.

More information on Scott County Crisis Response Services can be found here:

About Us

Scott County Health & Human Services provides chemical use assessments (sometimes referred to as “Rule 25 assessments”) for individuals seeking to know if they are drug or alcohol dependent and treatment options. 

Chemical use assessments are often requested by people who:

  • Are seeking to have treatment paid by public funds 
  • Do not have sufficient insurance coverage for treatment
  • Cannot afford to pay for treatment privately
  • Are court ordered to complete an assessment

The public funds that are used to pay for treatment are the Consolidated Chemical Dependency Treatment Fund (CDTF). These funds are used for people who meet financial criteria and have no or limited insurance.  People who have a Pre-Paid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP) should call their insurance provider directly for an assessment.  

Apply for a Chemical Dependency Assessment

To inquire about how to proceed with applying for and obtaining the Behavioral Health Fund Application (PDF), please contact Scott County Central Intake at 952-496-8959 or Erin Whalen at 952-496-8840.

The steps for a chemical dependency assessment and funding are:

  1. Download and complete an application to determine if you are eligible for public funding. 
  2. Provide income documents and residency verification 
  3. After your application is approved, it may take up to 10 days to schedule an assessment.