Scott County Child Care Information Modules and Orientation Meeting
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Scott County licensed family child care provider.
Please review the following requirements and steps to move forward with your goal to be an in-home child care provider.
- You must be a Scott County resident.
- You must view all seven initial Informational Modules in their entirety below.
- The seven Information Modules below contain information to help you decide if being a child care provider is the right business for you.
- The seven Informational Modules give directions on how to get started and instructions on requesting an electronic application packet. (Applications are not mailed out.) See information in Module 7 for more details.
- Complete the application packet you receive per email and return it to: ChildCareLicensing@co.scott.mn.us or mail it to:
Government Center 300
200 Fourth Ave West
Shakopee, MN 55379
- Someone will contact you to register for the Child Care Orientation Meeting.
- Complete the Child Care Orientation Meeting.
- Provide additional paperwork as needed.