Report a Concern
This Report a Concern feature allows you to send a question, concern, or comment you’d like addressed directly to County departments. Browse the categories below to find submission forms and contact information for certain County staff. If your concern does not fit one of the categories, use the General Concern option.
Please note: This feature should not be used for an emergency request. In case of imminent danger or life-threatening potential, please call 911 for immediate assistance.
While requests submitted are regularly monitored, a response may not be available outside of regular County business hours (8 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, except on posted holidays).
Grading concerns: Contact Megan Tasca with the Scott County Highway Department. The county may direct you to the appropriate authority in other local governments if the area in question is not within the county’s jurisdiction.
Drainage concerns: Contact Megan Tasca with Scott County Highway Department.
- There are multiple local government authorities that can be involved in resolving drainage alterations. The county may direct you to the appropriate authority in other local governments.
- Drainage alterations may be below the county’s permitting thresholds, which means resolution may require cooperation between all impacted parties or civil court involvement.
Animal Control & Rescue: If you are in need of animal services within the city limits of Prior Lake, Shakopee, Jordan, Savage, Belle Plaine, or Elko New Market, please contact the police department of that town. If you are unsure of the exact location, you can call Scott County Dispatch at 952-445-411 and they will help arrange a response. Visit the Sheriff's Office Animal Services page for more information.
- Roadkill: Report roadkill via our Maintenance Issue Online Form
Noxious weeds or pests: Contact the Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) using the link below.
Report sewage, illegal dumping, hazardous waste, or illegal burning to Environmental Services:
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility: 952-496-8787
- Septic Systems: 952-496-8177
- Environmental Services: 952-496-8177
- Natural Resources: 952-496-8177
Erosion concerns: Contact the Scott Soil and Water Conservation District
Illicit discharges: Contact Megan Tasca with the Scott County Highway Department.
- An illicit discharge is any discharge to the municipal storm sewer system that is not composed entirely of storm water. Waters used for firefighting operations are allowed. In addition, any discharges approved under a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit are allowed.
- Please note that MS4 permits also dictate who is responsible for investigating illicit discharge claims. The county is not always the authority to handle the issue; we may direct you to the appropriate authority in other local governments.
Report suspected public assistance fraud:
- Call Scott County Human Services at 952-496-8686 and ask for the Fraud Investigator OR
- Call the State Fraud Hotline at 800-627-9977 and say you would like to report possible fraud of public assistance. A representative for the State will take the information and forward it to Scott County.
- Please be prepared to give as much information as possible regarding the person you believe to be committing fraud and what type of fraud is being committed. You may remain anonymous.
Crime Tips: Use the Scott County Sheriff's Office Crime Tips Online Form
Feedback on interactions with law enforcement: Use the Scott County Sheriff's Office Community Feedback Form
- If you have a question or comment regarding one of the city police departments in Scott County, we encourage you to contact them directly as we cannot speak on their behalf.
- You have the option to remain anonymous, your name is not required. However, if you have specific issues and would like to speak to somebody in our office, please include your contact information in the form.