Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
COVID-19 Update 2/4/2021
Interlibrary loan services have resumed statewide, with some ongoing limitations due to COVID-19 conditions. Minnesota libraries continue to take ILL requests and ensure that items are returned safely to their home libraries. Some libraries are still not yet participating. Visit the MNLINK website for more information.
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Not finding an item in our catalog? We can help you borrow it from another library through MNLINK, Minnesota's statewide Interlibrary Loan (ILL) network. Visit MNLINK to search for and request items with your Scott County Library card, and we will have them delivered to your home library for pickup.
What You Need to Know
- ILL items may be borrowed for a period of 3 weeks (21 days). You can see their due dates on your library account.
- No renewals are allowed on ILL items.
- You may have up to 10 active MNLINK requests at any one time, including titles being ordered, checked out, and returned.
- There are some limits on what you may request. For example, you may only request items that were published over six months ago.
- We're always interested in suggestions. Use our Suggest a Title Form to submit purchase requests. We'll contact you to let you know whether we decide to buy the item.
- ILL items may be returned to your local Scott County Library. We will deliver them back to their home libraries.
- Questions? Contact your library
How to Request Items through MNLINK
For instructions on checking the status of your request, watch the video below.