Dissolution of Marriage Summons & Petition

If the petitioner requests the Sheriff’s Office to serve this process, the original Summons and a copy of the Summons and Petition for Service should be presented to the Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office does charge for this service.

Following service, the Sheriff’s Office will return the original and a Return of Service to the petitioner, who must file the documents with the Court Administrator.

Further Information

For more information, please visit the Self Help Center of the Minnesota Judicial Branch website: Divorce/Dissolution.