Annual Youth Fishing Derby
"Get Hooked On Fishing, Not On Drugs!”
Registration for Sheriff’s Office Annual (Virtual and In-Person Options) Youth Fishing Derby OPEN NOW!
Since 1999, the Scott County Sheriff’s Office has been proudly hosting its Annual Youth Fishing Derby with the support and generosity of our sponsors and volunteers. Every summer, local kids join dozens of Scott County deputies, fire fighters, and emergency medical personnel in fishing boats for a day of fun and fishing!
We are encouraging kids (and their families) to get outside and participate in our virtual and/or our in-person (modified for 2021) event this year. Participants will be able to fish at a lake or riverway of their choice and/or with a deputy (and parent/guardian) from the pier/shore at Cedar Lake (see times and dates below):
OPTION 1: IN-PERSON(Child must be accompanied by parent or guardian)
12:00 pm to 4:00 pm (must pre-register for 30-minute time slot)
Cedar Lake (fishing pier)
Three Rivers Park
25875 Juniper Ave
New Prague, MN 56071
Kids can fish alongside deputies from the fishing pier. Snacks and water will also be available.
We have a limited number of fishing rods/reels and life jackets for those in need – just check the box on the registration form and it can be picked up at our office or at the in-person event at Cedar Lake. Fishing rods/reels will only be available to those who have not participated in past Sheriff’s Office Fishing Derbies.
Event DETAILS and REGISTRATION:
- REGISTER HERE for in-person and virtual options
- Post a picture of your child fishing and/or their “catch of the day” on the Scott County Sheriff’s Office Annual Youth Facebook Event Page. Please include name, age of participant, kind of fish and which Scott County body of water the fish was caught on. Event page: [LINK TO FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE COMING SOON FOR 2021!]
- Participants must be Scott County residents
- Fish may be caught at any favorite fishing Scott County fishing location between August 5, 2021 and August 8, 2021
- Only ONE entry per child
- Participants must post a photo of the child fishing or holding their fish to the Facebook event page [LINK TO FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE COMING SOON FOR 2021!]
- Children ages 8-15 years residing in Scott County may participate
- A parent or guardian MUST accompany children while fishing
- Must follow State and Federal fishing and environmental laws while fishing
- Must exercise caution while on or near the water
- Post your picture on the Scott County Sheriff’s Office Facebook Event Page between the dates of August 5, 2021 and August 8, 2021 to ensure entry into the drawing for prizes.
Each participant will be entered into a random drawing for a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- 1 of 2 tackle boxes filled with fishing gear worth over $200 each
- 1 of 8 gift cards to Cabin Fever Sporting Goods (our generous event sponsor) in Victoria worth $25 each
- 1 of 5 fishing rods/reels worth $60 each
We will announce the winners on the Scott County Sheriff’s Office Facebook Event Page on Tuesday, August 10, 2021. Prizes may be picked up from the Scott County Sheriff’s Office, 301 Fuller Street South, Shakopee, MN 55379.
We would like to thank Cabin Fever Sporting Goods for their continued and generous partnership with this event!
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Deputy Dennis Tietz at email@example.com or 952-292-8297.