Highways 169/41/78 Interchange
Construction Years: 2018-2020
Community: Jackson Township, Louisville Township
- US Highway 169
- State Highway 41
- County Highway 78
- County Highway 14
Project Lead: Scott County
Partners: MnDOT, Jackson Township, Louisville Township, SMSC
Contractor: Ames Construction, Inc.
Bid Date: July 31, 2018
Start Date: September 17, 2018
Current Traffic Impacts:(Dates subject to change)
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 through mid-August 2020
- The left turn lane from southbound Highway 169 to County Highway 78 is closed.
- Detour uses County Highway 69 and County Highway 78.
- The right in, right out near Holiday is closed.
- Detour uses Highway 41 and the new Weckman Road/frontage road.
- 130th Street access on southbound Highway 169 is permanently closed.
- Use Highway 41 to Dem Con Drive to access local businesses.
Sunday, March 22 through mid-August 2020
- Highway 169 traffic is head-to-head on the same side of the road between 133rd Street and County Highway 69.
- Northbound Highway 169 traffic splits near 133rd Street to route motorists around the construction area.
- Highway 41 should stay left and follow the posted signs
- County Highway 78 traffic should stay right and follow the posted signs.
- Highway 41 to County Highway 78 is closed.
- Detour uses northbound Highway 169 , County Highway 69 and County Highway 78.
- County Highway 78 to Highway 41 is closed.
- Detour uses northbound Highway 169, County Highway 69 and southbound Highway 169.
- County Highway 78 to northbound Highway 169 is closed.
- Detour uses County Highway 69 to northbound Highway 169.
- Louisville Road and Emery Way businesses remain accessible from County Highway 78.
- Eastbound Highway 41 (from Chaska) to northbound Highway 169 is reduced to a single lane of traffic.
- See the map (PDF)
- See the informational business meeting presentation (PDF)
Future Traffic Impacts: (Dates subject to change)
None at this time.
Watch this short video before traveling through the work zone.
Construction Schedule: (dates subject to change)
- Construction crews will be working Monday-Friday, 7 am to 8 pm
- No nighttime work is anticipated at this time
October 2019 Newsletter
Construction crews poured concrete for the bridge deck of the new County Highway 14 overpass on April 24, 2019.
Another view of the contractor pouring concrete for the new County Highway 14 bridge deck on April 24, 2019. The new overpass is south of the Highways 169/41/78 intersection.
Construction crews placed beams that will support the driving surface of the new County Highway 14 overpass over southbound Highway 169 on Jan. 22, 2019
Another view of crews placing beams for the new County Highway 14 overpass over southbound Highway 169 on Jan. 22, 2019
Construction crews placed beams that will support the driving surface of the new County Highway 14 overpass over northbound Highway 169 in March 2019
169 ch 14
Construction Drone Footage:
The following footage shows the progress on the frontage roads on both the North and South sides of 169 as well as the new overpass that is being created.
June 25th, 2019
October 23, 2018
Watch the Groundbreaking Video Below:
Scott County and MnDOT designed an interchange at US Highway 169 and Trunk Highway (TH) 41/County Highway (CH) 78. Scott County was successful in obtaining federal funding to expand the scope of the project to include a proposed overpass over US 169 near CH 14 and extension of the frontage road system along the east side of US 169 between CH 78 and CH 14. The expectation is to begin construction in September 2018.
MnDOT has concluded that an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) is not required and has issued a Negative Declaration Order for the project.
Additional information including notices for upcoming public meetings on the project will be posted on this page as it becomes available.
Purpose & Justification
This project will improve the safety and mobility in this area by removing direct access to US Highway 169. This project is consistent with the long-term vision of converting this segment of US Highway 169 into a freeway.
This project will be funded in part by the Scott County Transportation Sales Tax.