Child Support

About Obtaining Child Support

Child Support services are offered through Minnesota counties. Either parent, with or without custody of their children, may receive these services. Families not receiving public assistance must apply for services by completing an Non Public Assistance application.

Looking for the MN Child Support Account Portal?

Print Application: You can obtain an application by calling our office. We will send one out to you in the mail or email. 

Apply Online: Use the DHS Application for Child Support Services on the State of Minnesota's website. 

Note: Families receiving MFIP, medical assistance, and child care assistance automatically have an open child support case. Families must cooperate with child support efforts to continue receiving benefits. County child support offices use a variety of tools to set and collect support.