CH 2 & CH 15 Roundabout
- Construction Year: 2021
- Community: Helena Township
- Corridor Served: CH 2 & CH 15
- Project Lead: Scott County
- Contractor: Heselton Construction, LLC.
- Construction Start Date: June 21, 2021
Project Update & Traffic Impacts
September 21, 2021: Punch list items are on-going; we are waiting on supplies.
Friday, Sept 10, 2021: The intersection of County Road 2 and County Road 15 will be fully open to traffic. The intersection had been closed this summer due to the construction of a roundabout. Over the next few weeks, crews will be completing restoration work. Be careful driving through the work zone.
- This intersection was reconstructed with federal highway safety improvement funding.
Weather permitting, the roadway will be open by end of day on Friday, September 10, 2021.
August 12, 2021: Work is proceeding on schedule and crews anticipate the road reopening to the public in the first half of September 2021.
July 29, 2021: Project is on schedule with storm work progressing through the project site. Intersection is expected to reopen after Labor Day weekend.
DescriptionImproving the safety and operations of the intersection at County Highway 2 and 15 in Helena Township. This project will reconstruct the intersection as a single lane roundabout and is programmed for construction in 2021.
Purpose & JustificationSafety and operational deficiencies will be best addressed with the reconstruction of the intersection as a roundabout.
- Preliminary Design: Summer 2019
- Final Design: Fall 2020
- Right-of-Way/Easement Acquisition: Fall 2019 to Winter 2020
- Construction: Spring 2021