Updated COVID-19 Vaccine for Fall/Winter Virus Season
CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get an updated COVID-19 vaccine. Getting an updated vaccine can increase protection against the variants the are currently causing the most infections and hospitalizations. It must be at least 2 months since your last COVID vaccine to be eligible for the updated version. Visit the CDC's website for more information Overview of COVID-19 Vaccines.
COVID-19 Symptom Information Sources
- MDH COVID-19 Hotline: 1-833-431-2053 (interpreters available)
- CDC Guide - What to Do if You Are Sick
- CDC Coronavirus Self-Checker (*Not intended for the diagnosis or treatment of COVID-19)
- CDC Quarantine and Isolation Calculator (A tool to help determine how long you need to isolate, quarantine, or take other steps to prevent spreading COVID-19)
Public Information Sources about COVID-19
- Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 in Minnesota site
- MN Dept. of Health (MDH) Situation Update - Updated every Thursday at 11 AM
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) - Situation Summary
Order Tests from MDH
Each household in Minnesota can order At-Home tests from MDH. The tests will ship directly to the address you provide, you will receive 4 test kits per order. Supplies are limited.
Community Testing Locations
Community testing sites offer rapid or saliva testing. Hours vary for each testing location. Visit the website for details about each testing location.
|COVID-19 Testing Sites in Scott County|
|Allina Health Shakopee|
1601 St. Francis Ave. Suite 100
|CVS Pharmacies - Shakopee||Hy-Vee Pharmacies (New Prague, Savage, Shakopee)|
|Parkview Medical Clinic New Prague|
1400 1st St. NE
|Ridgeview Belle Plaine Clinic|
165 Commerce Dr. W.
|Walgreens Drive-Thru Testing (New Prague, Savage, Shakopee)|
COVID vaccinations are available through most pharmacies, clinics, hospitals, and other vaccine providers. Please contact your preferred vaccine provider to see if they have the new fall/winter COVID-19 vaccination formula. If you are uninsured or your insurance does not cover the COVID vaccine, please contact Scott County Public Health at 952-496-8555 to see if you are eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination at a Scott County Public Health Immunization Clinic. Visit the Public Health Clinics page for more information.
Español, llame 952-496-8555
Other Free Vaccination Options
- CDC Vaccine Finder: Enter your zip code to find a local provider. You are able to search for a specific type of COVID vaccine with this website.
- Hy-Vee Pharmacies: Enter your zip code to see if appointments or walk-up opportunities are available at your local Hy-Vee.
- Walgreens Pharmacies: A Walgreens account may be required.