Cedar Lake Farm Group Camp Site Development
Park Closures: The eastern portion of the park will be closed to public use beginning in May 2023 and will continue to be closed throughout construction.
- Location: Cedar Lake Farm Regional Park
- Project Lead: Scott County
- Contractor: Northland Grading and Excavation
- Construction Start Date: May 2023
- Funding Source: American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)
The Scott County Board of Commissioners has identified a project using American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to implement planned park improvements at Cedar Lake Farm Regional Park. The project consists of designing and constructing a new group campsite, four camper cabins, and associated infrastructure. The camper cabins are being built by Shakopee and Jordan high school students.
Purpose & Justification
The use of ARPA funds allows the County to advance the development of the group campsite, resulting in a legacy project that implements a significant amenity recommended in the Cedar Lake Farm Regional Park Master Plan and that has been endorsed by the County Board since 2017. The project will build upon the approved park master plan and offer a chance to provide a long-lasting impact on the funds that can be utilized by current residents and future generations.
Updated July 31, 2023
- Tree clearing, trail grading, and utility work is ongoing. Parking lot and restroom building construction to commence soon.
- Based on input from Cedar Lake Township and neighbors of the park, a roundabout will be constructed at Cedar Lane/Baseline Avenue and County Highway 2 providing direct access between the park and Cedar Lane residences.
- On April 4, 2023, at their County Board Meeting, the Scott County Board of Commissioners awarded the Cedar Lake Farm Group Camp Site construction contract Northland Grading and Excavation.
- Concept Development: Spring/Summer 2022
- Final Design: Summer/Fall 2022
- Park Construction: May 2023 to November 2023
- Roundabout Construction: 2024
- CH 2 & Cedar Lane Roundabout Project Page
- Project Update - November 2022
- Cedar Lake Farm Regional Park Master Plan