- Parks & Trails
- Cedar Lake Farm Group Camp Site Development
Cedar Lake Farm Group Camp Site Development
Park Closures: The eastern portion of the park will be closed to public use beginning in May 2023 and will continue to be closed throughout construction.
- Location: Cedar Lake Farm Regional Park
- Project Lead: Scott County
- Contractor: Northland Grading and Excavation
- Construction Start Date: May 2023
- Funding Source: American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)
The Scott County Board of Commissioners has identified a project using American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to implement planned park improvements at Cedar Lake Farm Regional Park. The project consists of designing and constructing a new group campsite, four camper cabins, and associated infrastructure. Opportunities are being explored for the camper cabins to be built through a high school program.
Purpose & Justification
The use of ARPA funds allows the County to advance the development of the group campsite, resulting in a legacy project that implements a significant amenity recommended in the Cedar Lake Farm Regional Park Master Plan and that has been endorsed by the County Board since 2017. The project will build upon the approved park master plan and offer a chance to provide a long-lasting impact on the funds that can be utilized by current residents and future generations.
- On April 4, 2023, at their County Board Meeting, the Scott County Board of Commissioners awarded the Cedar Lake Farm Group Camp Site construction contract Northland Grading and Excavation.
- The first activities that will be noticeable in May will be construction vehicles and equipment on site and the felling and grubbing of trees and brush.
- Concept Development: Spring/Summer 2022
- Final Design: Summer/Fall 2022
- Construction: May 2023 to November 2023
Adam JessenProject Manager
Parks & TrailsPhysical Address
200 4th Avenue W
Shakopee, MN 55379