In addition to books and online resources, we curate unique kits and collection items to help kids explore through play. Below you'll find all Youth Kits with links to find them in our catalog. Use your library card and PIN to request them, and we'll send them to your library for pickup just like any other library item.
Take Home Play Kits (Preschool and Above)
Take Home Play Kits provide parents and caregivers guided pre-literacy activities to explore with little ones. Each kit includes a book and toys, puppets or manipulatives that support Every Child Ready to Read’s 5 Practices (PDF) of talking, singing, reading, writing and playing.
Games (Various Ages)
Games are a great way to help kids practice critical thinking skills and learn to play cooperatively. We offer a broad selection of games for all ages. Make sure to check the game box or the item description to make sure the game is right for your child.
- Browse all Tabletop Games: Includes board games, card games, trivia, and other physical games.
- Browse all Outdoor Games: Includes games with big pieces that can be played outside.
Reading Kits (Elementary)
These kits are themed around favorite books and literacy development.
- Early Literacy To Go Kits: Love our EL classes? Parents and care providers can now bring the fun home. Each kit includes five copies of a book and early literacy activity ideas aligned to the Every Child Ready to Read concepts we share during EL classes.
- Smooth Reading Kits: For elementary age readers who need extra practice developing fluency, the ability to read smoothly and with expression.
- Dog Man Backpack: For fans of Dav Pilkey's popular Dog Man series. Includes 10 activities related to the series.
Escape Rooms to Go (Elementary Age and Above)
These contain all the supplies needed for an at-home escape room program that can be enjoyed by a group or an individual. Younger kids will need help from an older sibling or grown-up to enjoy.
- Escape 1985 Backpack: It's a time travel mystery! Get back to the future by solving puzzles based on pop culture.
- Haunted Library Escape Backpack: The library is built on the site of an old haunted house, and to escape the ghosts you have to identify their favorite books. Solve the puzzles to decode the combination and unlock your escape from the library.
Techsplorer Backpacks (Elementary Age and Above)
Explore STEM concepts and help develop technology skills by playing with robots, coding tools, and more. No additional devices or internet connections are required to enjoy these items.