- Construction Year: 2022
- Community: Throughout Scott County
- Corridors Served: CH 1, CH 2, CH 5, CH 6, CH 10, CH 11, CH 12, CH 14, CH 17, CH 18, CH 21, CH 27, CH 42, CH 78, CH 83, CH 86 and CH 91
- Project Lead: Scott County
- Contractor: Safety Signs, LLC
- Construction Start Date: May 2, 2022
- Completion Date: July 29, 2022
A total of 67 miles of county highways received 893 new post mounted and mast arm mounted signs. With this project, a total of 9% of the county’s signs at or near the end of their useful life will be replaced.
Purpose & Justification
The County Board approved the Scott County Sign Retroreflectivity Policy in 2014. This policy established uniformity and consistency in the installation and replacement of traffic signs on the county highway system. This policy requires that signs be replaced every 15 years to ensure the signs meet retroreflectivity standards. In addition, updating the sign posts ensures signs in the clear zone are installed on crashworthy posts.