- Parks & Trails
- Spring Lake Lakefront Improvements
Spring Lake Lakefront Improvements
- Location: Spring Lake Regional Park
- Community: Prior Lake
- Project Lead: Scott County
- Contractor: Peterson Companies, Inc.
- Construction Start Date: April 2023
- Funding Source: Scott County's allocation of Parks and Trails Legacy funding, a donation from Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community for the fishing pier and canoe/kayak amenities, and from Scott County
Notice of Park Closure: The entire lakefront area of the park, including the gravel parking lot will be closed to public use throughout construction.
(Updated May 19, 2023)
- May 19, 2023: Utility work will occur during the week of May 22nd. A road closure of County Highway 12 is required in order to extend the utilities to the lakefront project area. County Highway 12 is expected to be closed near the park starting Tuesday morning, May 23. The closure is expected to reopen Wednesday afternoon, May 24. The posted detour route is via County Highway 17 and MN State Highway 13. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this temporary closure.
- April 2023: Project activity is underway as of mid-April 2023. The first activities that will be noticeable will be construction vehicles and equipment on site and the felling and grubbing of trees and brush.
- On February 21, 2023, at their County Board Meeting, the Scott County Board of Commissioners awarded the Spring Lake Lakefront site construction contract to Peterson Companies.
- Construction: Mid-April 2023 to May 2024
The Spring Lake Regional Park Lakefront Improvements project will construct a paved trail loop, shore viewing and fishing areas, a fishing pier and canoe/kayak access and associated support infrastructure. The project scope is consistent with the 2007 Spring Lake Regional Park Master Plan. The need and community demand for the project scope was revisited as a part of the County's 2040 Comprehensive Plan process in 2017 and 2018 and, through that process, it was ultimately identified as the number one accomplishment for the County to achieve in the Parks and Trail chapter.
Expected Improvements Include:
- Paved trail loop
- Lakeside observation deck
- Pollinator plantings
- Buckthorn removal
- Shore resting/ fishing stations
- Parking lot
- Fishing Pier
- Canoe/Kayak drop
Spring Lake Regional Park - Lakefront Improvement Site Plan (pdf)