CH 16 and Fuller Street Traffic Signal
- Construction Year: 2023
- Community: City of Shakopee
- Corridors Served: CH 16, Fuller Street
- Project Lead: Scott County
- Contractor: J.L. Theis
- Construction Start Date: July 18, 2023
- The new traffic signal at the intersection of County Highway 16 (17th Avenue) and Fuller Street in the City of Shakopee has been activated. Please be aware of this traffic control change if you travel through this area.
- Work on ADA pedestrian ramps has been completed. Intersection is back open for pedestrian and bicyclist use.
- Signal is anticipated to be activated in mid- to late-September.
- Construction activity to start July 24th, 2023.
- Intersection ADA pedestrian ramp work will begin the week of July 24, 2023.
- Signal installation work will begin in August 2023.
- Traffic signal operation is anticipated to begin in September 2023.
This project includes the installation of a traffic control signal at the intersection of CH 16 (17th Avenue) and Fuller Street near Shakopee High School. Construction will include updated ADA pedestrian ramps and sidewalks in each corner of the intersection.
Purpose & Justification
Ongoing development in the area has resulted in an increase in vehicular and pedestrian traffic at the intersection. A significant portion of the pedestrian traffic is generated by students walking to Shakopee High School.
Additionally, there is an overrepresentation of right-angle crashes at this intersection. A traffic study was performed, and a traffic control signal was determined the appropriate intersection control to improve safety and operations at the intersection.