County Drainage Ditch No. 10 Repairs
- Construction Year: 2023-2024
- Community: Belle Plaine Township
- Project Lead: Scott County Drainage Authority
- Ditch Contractor: Borneke Construction Inc.
- Tree Removal Contractor: Husky Construction Inc.
- Anticipated Completion Date: Fall 2024
The Scott County Drainage Authority, in partnership with Belle Plaine Township, is completing drainage repairs to the County Drainage Ditch No. 10 in Belle Plaine Township. The purpose of these repairs is to restore the ditch to its original design by cleaning the open ditch, replacing culvert crossings, repairing side slopes, and removing trees along the drainage easement.
Purpose & Justification
This project will restore the function of Scott County Ditch No. 10 Watershed. This will restore the water flow thru the Watershed.
- Tree removal, shrub and brush cleanup began after Labor Day, September 4, 2023. Contract states that this work should be substantially completed by October 15, 2023.
- Construction began to replace culverts, clean the ditch, repair side slopes and install alternative side inlets on September 5.
- Signs will be posted if the road will be closed with a 1-2 day notice. The expected closures are anticipated to last 1-3 days. Exception to this will be the culvert replacement on Galena Ave. The road at Galena will be closed and a detour will be set up until work is completed for the replacement.
- Scott County Soil & Water Conservation District will be applying for funding for alternative side inlets along the ditch for the 2024 funding year. That work will only be completed if funding is approved.