- Land Records
We are still currently processing electronic document recordings, mail and drop box documents.
For plat recordings and priority documents (ie. construction mortgages, Sheriff foreclosures, and certificate of redemptions), please call 952-496-8150 to schedule an appointment.
The Scott County Land Records Department is responsible for recording and housing documents from real estate transactions related to property within Scott County. Mortgages, deeds, assignments, releases, and satisfactions are the most commonly recorded documents.
Forms & Informational Resources
Please note: The Scott County Land Records Department is not responsible for providing legal forms, assistance completing them, or legal advice. We strongly suggest consulting a legal advisor or a title company.
- The department will review documents for "recordable form" per Minnesota State Statute.
- Search for and Download Uniform Conveyancing Blanks (PDF)
- Learn about the Scott County Examiner of Titles (PDF)
Land Records Information Database
The Scott County Land Records information site provides access to information maintained by Scott County for individual parcels of property through a service called RecordEASE.
- All customers wishing to be a public web subscriber are required to complete the RecordEASE Online Registration Form.
- There is a subscription cost associated with using this service. The monthly subscription fees will be automatically withdrawn from the subscriber's ACH account on the 10th of every month. Fee information can be found on the RecordEASE Public Web Portal Fees document (PDF).
The following functions are available:
- Search for Documents: Search for documents by parcel number, document number, or related documents.
- Search for Plats or Liens: Find documents on plats or liens.
- Search for Documents by Tract Index: Includes plats, metes and bounds, and condo.