- Planning & Zoning
- Land Development Process
Land Development and Land Use Process
*Find all Application, Checklists, and Fact Sheet documents
Overview of the Development and Land Use Permit Process
We welcome you to the Scott County development process and use permit process. Our goal is to assist you and to help make the development process as economical and efficient as possible for all concerned. The links found on this page outline requirements and procedures which should be followed. The Planning Department is the primary contact throughout the review and approval process. Staff may be contacted at any time for assistance at 952-496-8475.
The following information needs to be prepared by the developer/applicant for a complete application. It serves as the basis for discussions between the developer, Planning Department, and Town Board representatives. The Development Review Team (DRT) process is intended to provide the Developer with an advisory review of the request through a sketch plan, without incurring major costs. Detailed requirements are in the Zoning (PDF) and Subdivision (PDF) Ordinances.
- Subdivision Process Flow Chart (PDF)
- Land Use Applications Process Flow Chart (PDF) - See below for specific instances
The approval process includes a unique partnership between your Town Board and Scott County. View a list of Elected Officials (PDF).
- The Township is the road authority and is responsible for planning, construction standards, and maintenance of the local road system
- They also are the responsible governmental unit for wetland issues (delineation and alteration approval) maintenance of drainage systems
- Local parks
- Planning and zoning authority and grants approval for all subdivisions and planning actions related to the plat (PDF) or conditional use permit (PDF)
- Building Code for construction of all buildings in the eleven (11) Townships
- Hazardous Waste and Solid Waste Management
- Individual Sewage Treatment Systems (ISTS)
- Regional and County parks, trails, and open space
- Road authority for County road system (planning, construction standards, and maintenance)
- Watershed authority through Scott Watershed Management Organization (Scott WMO) all areas of the County, except for the Prior Lake/Spring Lake and Lower Minnesota Watershed Districts
We look forward to working with you throughout the process.