Changing / Amending a Birth Record

If there is incorrect or missing information on your birth record or on your child’s birth record, you may make a request for an amendment. A request for an amendment to a birth record must be made by mail to the Minnesota Department of Health.

You may obtain the forms needed on the Minnesota Department of Health web site. For further information you may call their public information line at 651-201-5970 Press #0
Birth Marriage and Death