Scott County Update - 3/17/2020 3:25 PM
Scott County will close all county buildings effective close of business today, March 17, to protect the safety of Scott County employees and residents. This closure will remain in effect until at least Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Scott County staff will continue to provide all life-safety and emergency services and will perform all services that can be performed through email, online, telephone, or other electronic means.
County staff are developing alternative ways to provide services and will update the public as new information becomes available.
Marriage Application Instructions (PDF)
Print the Marriage Application (PDF), fill it out and bring it into the Scott County service center. Both parties should be present. If one of the parties is not present a Supplemental Application (PDF) will be required. The supplemental application must be notarized.
Apply in person at one of our Customer Service Center
Remember to Bring
- The printed application filled out.
- Valid photo identification such as a drivers license, state ID, passport or naturalization certificate.
- Supplemental Application (PDF) (if only one party is present.)
- If you went through 12 hours of marriage counseling bring the reduced fee Educator’s Statement Sample (PDF). (Please note this a sample for your reference only.)
- Regular Fee: $115
- Reduced Fee: $40 with reduced fee Educator's Statement (must be presented at the time of application)
You can pay with cash, check (payable to Scott County) or credit card. If you pay with a credit card you will be paying a 2.45% convenience fee.
A marriage must be witnessed by two adults (16 or older), you are not required to be a Minnesota Resident.
Make sure all info is correct on application. Once the marriage certificate is filed, no corrections can be made without a court order.
Looking for someone to perform your ceremony?
Here is a list of judges and marriage officiants who perform ceremonies in Scott County.