Personalized or Special Plates
Personalized plates are available with the standard plate background for passenger automobiles and pick-up trucks with up to seven (7) characters, including spaces.
You may apply for a personalized or special vehicle plate with Scott County Customer Service by 1) dropping off an application, 2) mailing in your application, or 3) joining the Customer Service Standby List at the Scott County Government Center.
- Print and fill out the Special Plate Application (PDF). Call our Customer Service Center at 952-496-8432 for your vehicle tab price.
- Put the completed special plate application in an envelope and deliver using one of the Delivery Methods below.
- Please note that your plates will be processed first in - first out. We will mail your receipt to you after processing.
Delivery Methods (Choose One)
- Apply/Drop off in person: To apply in person at the Scott County Government Center, you must make an appointment using the Customer Service Appointments Standby List. Make an appointment.
- Walk-in service is available for this service with some limitations. Please note walk-in service is on a first come first served basis and service is not guaranteed. When we have reached capacity, you will be asked to wait outside the Service Center lobby until space is available. Our walk-in service line closes at 3:30.
- Drop Box: Place in the drop box at the Scott County Government Center in Shakopee. The drop box is located in the circular drive on Atwood St between 4th and 5th Avenues. Please ensure your transaction has a phone number on it. Your request will be processed in the order it was received and returned via mail.
- Mail to: Scott County Customer Service.
- Check or Money Order: Make the check out to Scott County. Include your driver’s license number and phone number on the check
- Credit/Debit Card by Phone (Visa, Mastercard, Discover): If you plan to drop off or mail your application, you do not need to put your credit card number. Instead, leave call back phone number in the envelope, so we may call you for your credit card number. The card must be in registered owner’s name. An additional 2.49% service fee is applied at time of sale.