Passport Applications & Photos
The Scott County Passport Office will be closed on Wednesday September 19th for an All Staff Training Day. We will resume our regular hours on Thursday September 20th at 8:00 AM. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
The 2 closest locations for Passport services are:
Carver County Service Center 7808 Kerber Blvd Chanhassen. 9/19 hours: 830am-5pm
US Post Office – Jordan 214 2nd St E Jordan . 9/19 hours: Please call 952-492-2114 for an appointment
- One check per application is required made payable to US Department of State.
We can take credit cards, cash or check as a form of payment ONLY for Scott County fees *Please note a convenience fee will be added at the time of transaction for credit/debit cards*
To find other offices please visit Passport Acceptance Facility Search Page.
- Fees & Expedite Fees.
- Special requirements for All Minors Under Age 16.
- Special requirements for All Minors Ages 16 and 17.
- Special requirements for Diplomatic, Official, and Regular No-Fee Passports.
- Special requirements for Individuals Applying From Outside the U.S.
- If you are behind in child support payments, you may not be able to get a passport (See Child Support).
Non refundable fees
- The passport application fee and the execution fee are non-refundable. They are collected and retained by law even if a passport is not issued.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Thursdays, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Completed passport forms must be written in black ink only and on one side of the page. If a correction is needed, draw a line through the error and re-write next to it. White-out is not allowed.
Minors under age 16 cannot apply for a passport by themselves.
Both parents/guardians must appear in person with the minor and provide consent, authorizing passport issuance to the minor. If one parent/guardian is unable to appear in person, then the DS-11 application must be accompanied by a signed, notarized Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent from the non-applying parent/guardian.
If the minor only has one parent/guardian, evidence of sole authority to apply for the minor must be submitted with the application in the form of a:
- U.S. or foreign birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or adoption decree listing only the applying parent
- Court order granting sole legal custody to the applying parent (unless child’s travel is restricted by that order)
- Court order specifically permitting applying parent’s travel with the child
- Judicial declaration of incompetence of the non-applying parent
- Death certificate of the non-applying parent
The following MUST be provided when submitting:
1) Proof of United States citizenship (one of the following; must be original; no copies)
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport (current or expired)*
- Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
* Parents must submit proof of relationship to a minor applicant. Proof of relationship is not established through a previous passport. A certified birth certificate is acceptable to prove relationship, as long as it lists the parents’ names.
- As of 1-9-2017 all customers applying for a passport using form DS-11 must submit a clear photo copy of their citizenship evidence in addition to their original or certified copy of U.S. Citizenship.
2) Proof of identity (one of the following)
- Valid Driver License (if issued by a state other than Minnesota, please bring a second form of identification in addition to the Driver License, for example, a Social Security card)
- Current photo Government ID (city, state, or federal)
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
- Naturalization Certificate
- Current Military ID
3) One (1) passport photo
- Size: 2 x 2 inches
- Background: white only
- Picture: color, with a clear, full front view of your face
- Passport photos available upon request for $10.00 plus tax per photo
- NO GLASSES
Please see the following federal site for more Passport information Travel.State.Gov.