Passport Applications & Photos
Scott County Update - 3/27/2020 4:00 PM
Scott County will close all county buildings effective close of business today, March 17, to protect the safety of Scott County employees and residents. This closure will remain in effect until at least Friday, April 10th, 2020.
Scott County staff will continue to provide all life-safety and emergency services and will perform all services that can be performed through email, online, telephone, or other electronic means.
County staff are developing alternative ways to provide services and will update the public as new information becomes available.
If you're over 16 and eligible to renew your passport using the DS-82, please use this training video to help you with the process. You will renew by mail and do not need to go in person to an acceptance facility. You can obtain photos from Walgreens, Costco, Sam's Club and CVS. Please contact them directly with questions.
If you are eligible to use the DS-11, please use the locator finder with travel.state.gov to find facilities closest to you. Please call contact the facility directly to confirm they are accepting applications.
Please see the following statement from the U.S. Department of State regarding the issuance of a U.S. passport:
Due to public health measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus, all passport agencies are closed to the public until further notice and appointments will not be accepted. Customers may continue to apply for their passport at a passport acceptance facilities or renew through the mail. If you are applying at a facility on or after March 19, 2020, expedited service will not be available and routine service may be delayed.
For status on passport agencies and centers, please refer to travel.state.gov for the latest information.
Please continue to contact your facility directly with questions.
- One check per application is required made payable to US Department of State.
We can take credit cards, cash or check as a form of payment ONLY for Scott County fees *Please note a convenience fee will be added at the time of transaction for credit/debit cards*
To find other offices please visit Passport Acceptance Facility Search Page.
- Fees & Expedite Fees.
- Special requirements for All Minors Under Age 16.
- Special requirements for All Minors Ages 16 and 17.
- Special requirements for Diplomatic, Official, and Regular No-Fee Passports.
- Special requirements for Individuals Applying From Outside the U.S.
- If you are behind in child support payments, you may not be able to get a passport (See Child Support).
Non refundable fees
- The passport application fee and the execution fee are non-refundable. They are collected and retained by law even if a passport is not issued.
- Completed passport forms must be written in black ink only and on one side of the page. If a correction is needed, draw a line through the error and re-write next to it. White-out is not allowed.
Minors under age 16 cannot apply for a passport by themselves.
Both parents/guardians must appear in person with the minor and provide consent, authorizing passport issuance to the minor. If one parent/guardian is unable to appear in person, then the DS-11 application must be accompanied by a signed, notarized Form DS-3053: Statement of Consent from the non-applying parent/guardian.
If the minor only has one parent/guardian, evidence of sole authority to apply for the minor must be submitted with the application in the form of a:
- U.S. or foreign birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or adoption decree listing only the applying parent
- Court order granting sole legal custody to the applying parent (unless child’s travel is restricted by that order)
- Court order specifically permitting applying parent’s travel with the child
- Judicial declaration of incompetence of the non-applying parent
- Death certificate of the non-applying parent
The following MUST be provided when submitting:
1) Proof of United States citizenship (one of the following; must be original; no copies)
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport (current or expired)*
- Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
* Parents must submit proof of relationship to a minor applicant. Proof of relationship is not established through a previous passport. A certified birth certificate is acceptable to prove relationship, as long as it lists the parents’ names.
- As of 1-9-2017 all customers applying for a passport using form DS-11 must submit a clear photo copy of their citizenship evidence in addition to their original or certified copy of U.S. Citizenship.
2) Proof of identity (one of the following)
- Valid Driver License (if issued by a state other than Minnesota, please bring a second form of identification in addition to the Driver License, for example, a Social Security card)
- Current photo Government ID (city, state, or federal)
- Previously issued, valid, undamaged U.S. Passport
- Naturalization Certificate
- Current Military ID
3) One (1) passport photo
- Size: 2 x 2 inches
- Background: white only
- Picture: color, with a clear, full front view of your face
- Passport photos available upon request for $10.00 plus tax per photo
- NO GLASSES
Please see the following federal site for more Passport information Travel.State.Gov.