Parks Advisory Commission
The purpose of the Parks Advisory Commission is to provide leadership and direction to staff and elected officials in the areas of parks, trails and open space planning and implementation. Commissioners advise on program priorities and planning for parks, trails and open space, and review and recommend proposed annual work plans and budgets. The Commissioners represent the citizens of Scott County and as such, serve as community ambassadors.
The Scott County Parks Advisory Commission holds meetings on the 1st Wednesday of the month at 6:00 PM.
All meetings are in-person meetings unless otherwise noted. Meetings are held in the Board Room at the Scott County Government Center (200 Fourth Avenue West, Shakopee, MN 55379). Members of the public may view the meeting in-person.
To obtain meeting information or provide public comments during a meeting, email Patricia Freeman (email@example.com) at least 24 hours before the meeting start time. Members of the public may provide comments during the public comment period on the agenda during a public meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
There are 7 members who are appointed by the Board of Commissioners: 1 from each Commissioner District and 2 at-large members. Members each serve 1 year terms, with no term limit.
- Cary Coop - Commissioner District 1 - Current term ends December 31, 2025
- Eric Spieler - Commissioner District 2- Current term ends December 31, 2025
- Kathy Gerlach - Commissioner District 3 - Current term ends December 31, 2024
- Mark Ewert - Commissioner District 4 - Current term ends December 31, 2025
- Vacancy - Commissioner District 5 - Current term ends December 31, 2024
- Lauri Schmid - At large member - Current term ends December 31, 2025
- Kristin French - At large member - Current term ends December 31, 2024
For more information about the Parks Advisory Commission, please contact Parks Program Manager Patricia Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-496-8752.