As a regional park implementing agency of the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area, Scott County is eligible to receive grant funding through the Minnesota Clean Water, Land, and Legacy Act. The Act provides 14.25% of the funds generated from the 3/8% increase in the state sales tax for regional and state parks and trails.
Below is a list Scott County Parks & Trails projects that have been partially or fully funded through the Minnesota Clean Water, Land, and Legacy Act.
Completion of Master Plans for:
- Scott West Regional Trail
- Spring Lake Regional Trail
- Blakeley Bluffs Park Reserve
- Cedar Lake Farm Regional Park
- Doyle-Kennefick Regional Park
- Acquisition of Union Pacific Rail Corridor for Future Trail Use
- Phase 1 Development of Spring Lake Regional Park
For more information on Scott County Parks & Trails projects, please contact Scott County Parks. To learn more about the Clean Water, Land, and Legacy Act and see a list of other funded projects, visit Minnesota's Legacy website.