The Scott County Board of Commissioners is looking for interested citizens to serve on the following advisory committees. Members of advisory committees are provided with a per diem and mileage reimbursement for attendance at meetings. If you have any questions or are interested in serving on one of these committees, contact Cara Madsen via email at [email protected] or at 952-496-8169. For more information regarding a specific committee, please view the links to the left.
APPLICATION DEADLINE - November 1st, 2023
- Board of Adjustment/Planning Advisory Commission: No vacancies at this time
- Community Corrections Advisory Board: Three vacancies, one each in Commissioner Districts 1, 2, and 4
- Community Development Agency (CDA): One vacancy in Commissioner District 2
- Extension Committee: Three vacancies - one in Commissioner District 5 and two youth-at-large
- Human Services Resource Council: Eight vacancies ; one vacancy each in Commissioner Districts 1, and 5; two vacancies in Commissioner Districts 2 and 3, and three vacancies in District 4
- Library Board of Advisors: One vacancy in Commissioner District 2
- Lower Minnesota River Watershed District Board: One vacancy (must live in watershed area)
- Mental Health Local Advisory Council: Seven vacancies - must reside in Scott County
- Parks Advisory Commission: No vacancies at this time
- Personnel Board of Appeals: Two at-large vacancy - must reside in Scott County
- Prior Lake/Spring Lake Watershed District Board: No vacancies (must reside in watershed district)
- Scott Watershed Management Organization (WMO) Planning Commission: Once vacancy each in Commissioner Districts 1 and 2
- Solid Waste Advisory Committee: One vacancy (must reside in Scott County)
- Vermillion River Watershed Management Organization (WMO): One vacancy (must reside within this watershed district)
Not sure which district you live in or which commissioner represents you? Use the Minnesota Secretary of State's Pollfinder Tool.
- District 1, Commissioner Barb Weckman Brekke: The cities of Belle Plaine, Jordan (precincts 1 and 2), New Prague (precinct 2), and Shakopee (precinct 5); and Belle Plaine, Blakeley, Helena, Jackson, Louisville, St. Lawrence, and Sand Creek Townships
- District 2, Commissioner Tom Wolf: The cities of Elko New Market and Prior Lake (precincts 2 and 3); and Cedar Lake, Credit River, New Market, and Spring Lake Townships.
- District 3, Commissioner Jody Brennan: The city of Shakopee, precincts 1 - 4, 6 - 8 , 12A, and 12B.
- District 4, Commissioner Dave Beer: The cities of Prior Lake (precincts 1, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, and 7) and Shakopee (precincts 9, 10, 11, and 13).
- District 5, Commissioner Jon Ulrich: The city of Savage.