The Scott County Board of Commissioners is looking for interested citizens to serve on the following advisory committees. Members of advisory committees are provided with a per diem and mileage reimbursement for attendance at meetings. If you have any questions or are interested in serving on one of these committees, contact Cara Madsen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 952-496-8169. For more information regarding a specific committee, please view the links to the left.
- Board of Adjustment/Planning Advisory Commission: No vacancies at this time
- Community Corrections Advisory Board: No vacancies at this time
- Community Development Agency (CDA): No Vacancies at this time
- Extension Committee: No vacancies at this time
- Human Services Resource Council: One vacancy in Commissioner District 1
- Library Board of Advisors: No vacancies at this time
- Lower Minnesota River Watershed District Board: One vacancy (must reside in Scott County)
- Mental Health Local Advisory Council: No vacancies at this time
- Parks Advisory Commission: One vacancy in Commissioner District 5
- Personnel Board of Appeals: No vacancies at this time
- Prior Lake/Spring Lake Watershed District Board: No vacancies at this time
- Scott Watershed Management Organization (WMO) Planning Commission: No vacancies at this time
- Solid Waste Advisory Committee: One vacancy (must reside in Scott County)
- Vermillion River Watershed Management Organization (WMO): One vacancy (must reside within this watershed district)
Not sure which district you live in or which commissioner represents you? Use the Minnesota Secretary of State's Pollfinder Tool.
- District 1, Commissioner Barb Weckman Brekke: The cities of Belle Plaine, Jordan (precincts 1 and 2), New Prague (precinct 2), and Shakopee (precinct 5); and Belle Plaine, Blakeley, Helena, Jackson, Louisville, St. Lawrence, and Sand Creek Townships
- District 2, Commissioner Tom Wolf: The cities of Elko New Market and Prior Lake (precincts 2 and 3); and Cedar Lake, Credit River, New Market, and Spring Lake Townships.
- District 3, Commissioner Jody Brennan: The city of Shakopee, precincts 1 - 4, 6 - 8 , 12A, and 12B.
- District 4, Commissioner Dave Beer: The cities of Prior Lake (precincts 1, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, and 7) and Shakopee (precincts 9, 10, 11, and 13).
- District 5, Commissioner Jon Ulrich: The city of Savage.