We're Here for Teachers and Learners!
Scott County Library supports our local educators by providing classroom resources for their students and other learning supports. Please contact our Learning & Outreach Team with any questions about library resources or to discuss how we can help with your students’ homework needs.
School Partnerships & Learning Resources
We maintain Virtual Student Library Card partnerships with several Scott County school districts so students and educators can use SCL resources for classroom learning.
If you're interested in obtaining cards for your students or engaging in a partnership, please contact Library Administration so we can work with your school leadership to safely handle student information.
Curious what we have to offer? Browse our curated databases and online resources:
- Elementary & Middle School: Homework Tools by Subject
- High School & Above: Online Resources by Subject
- SCL eBooks: Students with an SCL account may borrow any item from our eLibrary.
- eBooks Minnesota: State Library Services also curates eBook Minnesota, a collection of always-available eBooks with a specific focus on school curriculum topics. Students may read these titles in a browser or the MackinVIA app.
Educator Online Access Cards
We know it's nice to have a separate card just for work, so you can keep your personal library card activity private. Educators (teachers, media specialists, homeschool instructors, daycare providers, etc.) who work in Scott County may sign up for an Educator Online Access Card account to demonstrate library resources in the classroom.
Before applying, here's what to know:
- The accounts may only be used to access the online resources available to Scott County residents and eLibrary items.
- The account may not be used to reserve or check out physical library materials. If you are a Scott County resident, we encourage you to apply for a regular card if you want to check out. We can also register your card from other library system to use at an SCL branch.
- The account may not be used outside the Scott County Library System.
- To apply, fill out our Educator Online Access form. We will email you a card number and PIN number.
Our library branches can provide brief introductory tours for your students. Contact your library in advance to check for availability.
Our online database collection also includes some great research and professional development resources for educators:
- ERIC (EBSCO) or ERIC (OCLC): The Education Resource Information Center includes information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and the Resources in Education Index.
- Professional Collection: Full-text journals for educators. Topics include teaching, education law, psychology, development, and more.
- Professional Development Collection: Full-text journals and educational reports for educators, librarians, and education researchers.