Scott County Library is pleased and grateful to partner with the City of Savage on an exciting redevelopment and expansion of the Savage Library's Large Meeting Room. Below you'll find information about the renovation and the current state of Savage services.
About the Expansion
Expected to be completed in mid-2024, this expansion will position the Savage Library to meet the future needs of Savage's growing community. Post renovation, residents will be able to enjoy...
- An expanded, enhanced Large Meeting Room/Event Space with greater capacity to host events and community gatherings.
- Extended Access service that will allow Savage residents and other SCL cardholders aged 16 and older to use the Savage Library anytime from 6am - 10pm, every day.*
- Onsite Family Resource Centers staff, programming, and supports.
*PS - Savage guests don't need to wait to sign up for Extended Access privileges. You're invited to enroll right now and start using EA in Elko New Market, Jordan, and New Prague. Simply ask Savage staff to sign you up during your next visit. By the end of 2025, Extended Access members will be able to unlock six different SCL locations with their library card.
Current Impact on Library Services - Last Updated 10/18/23
The Savage Library remains open during its regular hours, but guests should anticipate the following adaptations to Savage's services during construction:
- What's Currently Happening: Ground has broken and the frame of the new Large Meeting Room/Event Space addition is coming to life.
- NEW - Children's Area Modifications: Starting 10/19, part of the wall is being cut into to begin connecting the new Meeting Room/Event Space to the Children's Area. As a result, families can expect fewer seating options and play spaces during their visit. All Children's materials remain available for browsing and borrowing, but at a later date may be unavailable for in-person browsing due to construction work. (Don't worry, library staff will help you and your family find the items if that occurs.) The space will be weatherized to accommodate the incoming fall/winter weather.
- Parking: Parking is reduced to accommodate construction vehicles.
- Events & Programs: At this time, Early Literacy Classes are continuing in another area of the library. Story Stations are suspended until the new and improved meeting room opens in Spring 2024. View our event calendar.
- Collections & Available Areas: At this time, all areas of the library are accessible.
- Guest Experience: Guests who are sensitive to loud construction noises or smells may wish to inquire ahead. This is more visible now that the Children's Area is being worked on.
Any other questions? Please don't hesitate to contact the Savage Library at 952-707-1770 or [email protected] to inquire about the status of your favorite library areas and services.
Looking for Alternative Space?
We apologize for the temporary inconvenience this project may cause for community groups who use the Savage Large Meeting Room. Savage guests are invited to use the following spaces as alternative options during the construction period:
Stay in the Know
Updates will be posted on this page, the Scott County Library social media channels, the City of Savage's social media channels, and the City of Savage's website.