Scott County Library is pleased to partner with the City of Savage on an exciting redevelopment and expansion of the Savage Library's Large Meeting Room. We are grateful to the Savage City Council for supporting this opportunity.
About the Renovation
This expansion will position the Savage Library to meet the future needs of Savage's growing community. Post renovation, residents will be able to enjoy...
- An expanded, enhanced Large Meeting Room with greater capacity to host large library events and community gatherings.
- Extended Access service that will allow Savage residents aged 16 and older to use the Savage Library anytime from 6am - 10pm, every day.
- Onsite Family Resource Centers staff, programming, and supports.
Timeline & Impact on Library Services - Last Updated 8/15/23
This project is expected to be completed in mid-2024. The rest of the Library will remain open during its regular hours, but we anticipate the following adaptations to Savage's services during construction:
- Programs may be relocated to different areas of the building.
- The Children's Area and its collections may occasionally be unavailable for in-person browsing. (Don't worry, library staff will help you and your family find the items you'll need!)
- Parking may be reduced.
- Guests who are sensitive to construction noises or smells may wish to inquire ahead.
Questions? Please don't hesitate to contact the Savage Library at 952-707-1770 or [email protected] to inquire about the status of your favorite library areas and services.
Looking for Alternative Space?
We apologize for the temporary inconvenience this project may cause for community groups who use the Large Meeting Room. Savage guests are invited to use the following spaces as alternative options during the construction period:
Stay in the Know
Updates will be posted on the Scott County Library social media channels, the City of Savage's social media channels, and the City of Savage's website.