Night to Unite is held annually on the first Tuesday in August. It is designed to:
- Heighten awareness of crime and drug prevention efforts.
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime efforts.
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police/community partnerships.
- Send a message to criminals letting them know neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
- The Scott County Sheriff's Office encourages participation in this great celebration of community, crime prevention and strong law enforcement/community partnerships.
From approximately 5 to 9 p.m. on August 1st, 2017, residents are encouraged to lock their doors, turn on their outside lights and spend the evening with the neighbors. Many neighborhoods host special events such as block parties, cookouts, visits from the police, fire and public works departments, youth contests and raffles.
Your event does not have to be large or elaborate. It can be as simple as having a conversation in your neighbor’s yard. The important thing is to talk to your neighbors and plan to get together..
Night to Unite is an effective, inexpensive and enjoyable program that promotes neighborhood spirit and police/community partnerships in the fight for a safer nation. The benefits your neighborhood will derive from Night to Unite will most certainly extend well beyond the night.
How do I register for Night to Unite? Registration for the 2017 Night to Unite event opens June 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, please call our Administrative Sergeant Ken Dvorak at 952-496-8722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.