Scott County and MnDOT are building a new interchange at Highway 169/41/78 in Jackson and Louisville Townships. Construction began in fall 2018 and is anticipated to be completed late fall 2020. This project will:
• Improve safety and traffic flow in the area by removing direct access to Highway 169.
• Maintain local business access to support growth via a new frontage road system.
• Support the long-term vision of extending the freeway to this stretch of Highway 169.
You may have noticed an increase in construction equipment and materials in the 169/41/78 project area over the past few months. Crews have been working hard to get utilities moved and the new frontage roads built before the interchange construction begins.
2018 In Review:
Here’s what happened in 2008. The project team…
• Started building a new frontage road system between County Highway (CH) 14 and CH 78 through Ventura court, east of Highway 169, and on the west side of 169 between CH 14 and 145th Street.
• Began constructing the new CH 14 bridge over Highway 169.
• Constructed new stormwater drainage ponds at various locations throughout the project area.
• Constructed a new noise wall between 169 and DemCon Drive, just south of Highway 41.
• Began relocating utilities throughout the project area.
2019 Look Ahead:
• Utility relocation
• CH 14 bridge construction
• Retaining wall construction on CH 78
• CH 14 bridge deck (driving surface) construction
• Highway 169/41/78 interchange construction (through 2020)
• Pave the new frontage road system
• New frontage road system and CH 14 bridge open to traffic
• New routes to local businesses
• Complete finishing touches on new noise wall
Follow the Project:
www.scottcountymn.gov/169interchange -- sign up to get project alerts.