More than 300 people attend this event annually, representing 12,000 cows and 24 Minnesota counties. Dairy farmers, students and agriculture professionals use the day to attend education sessions, browse the trade show and network with peers, industry professionals and educators. Everyone enjoys the camaraderie associated with a long-standing event such as this. Here is your opportunity to participate in this tradition!
This year's educational program is top notch:
• Global Observations of the Dairy Industry...And What to Do About It -- Gary Sipiorski, Dairy Development Manager, Vita Plus Corporation,
• Minimizing Ash in Forage
• Maximize Your Forage Tonnage -- Dr. Dan Undersander, Forage Research and Extension Specialist, University of Wisconsin
• Calf Immunology
• Calf Health Discovery - a calf dissection -- Max Thornsberry, DVM, Dairy Technical Specialist, Milk Specialties Global Animal Nutrition
• Genomics in Dairy Cattle -- Matt Boyle, DVM, Dairy Technical Service, Zoetis
• Keeping the Cow in the Barn with Today's Economic Environment -- Jim Salfer, Extension Educator-Dairy Production, U of M Extension
Registration is $10 ($5 for students) at the door. Price includes hot lunch, refreshments and proceedings of the event. For more information about the 24th Carver County Dairy Expo, contact Abby Neu at [email protected] or 952-466-5306.