Screen time making driving you stir-crazy? Kids spending too much time in the digital dumps? Do your home’s four walls seem to be getting closer and closer every day? Don’t forget – Scott County/Three Rivers parks are for everyone!
While our parks are always free to enter and full of adventure, we want everyone to be able to take full advantage of what our parks have to offer – with a new fee assistance program that may be able to help. New this year, this program will allow Scott County residents who are experiencing financial difficulty to qualify for:
• Free equipment rentals
• Discounts on programs and events
• Free recreation passes including: archery, swim ponds, dog off-leash areas, disc golf and cross-country skiing
To qualify, residents must be enrolled in any of the following programs:
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Emergency Medical Assistance (EMA)
• Minnesota Care
• General Assistance (GA)
• Minnesota Family Investment Act (MFIP)
• Medical Assistance (MA)
• Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA)
• Hennepin County Emergency Assistance Program (HCEAP)
• Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA)
• Diversionary Work Program (DWP)
• Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
• Supplemental Nutrition Program Employment and Training Program (SNAP E&T)
• Free and Reduced School Lunch Program
Scott County residents can apply online at https://web2.vermontsystems.com/wbwsc/mnthreeriverswt.wsc/search.html?module=global&keyword=RECPASSPLUS-APPLICATION or call 763.559.6700.
For more information about park and programming status, please visit www.threeriversparks.org! Parks are for everyone – so get out there and make the most of our beautiful summer season!