Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
In recent state action, Scott County was awarded $2.9 million in new COVID-19 related relief funds to allocate to local private and non-profit businesses impacted by Executive Order 20-99. To help get needed assistance to qualifying businesses as quickly as possible, the Scott County Board of Commissioners authorized this program in unanimous Board action last week. This program will assist businesses that were required to temporarily close or reduce services beginning in November because of the ongoing pandemic, similar to the recent CARES Act grants.
Similarly, the County Board directed additional relief funds for rental property owners on behalf of tenants impacted by COVID-19 in Scott County. Rental property owners or managers can apply for funds on behalf of their tenants beginning January 4 for unpaid December and January rent and fees, and if approved, will receive funds to cover identified tenants’ rent arrears. (Previous applicants to this program do need to re-apply.)
More detailed information on both the business and the landlord programs can be found at https://scottcda.org/resource/scottcoeo20-99relief/.
Business relief program benefits
Benefits available to Scott County, Minnesota businesses under this program include:
• Up to $7,500 for home-based businesses directly and indirectly impacted by EO 20-99.
• Up to $15,000 grants for businesses directly and indirectly impacted by EO 20-99.
Note: Actual awards will be based on a qualified applicant’s average monthly business expenses (and may be less than the maximum grant listed above).
Eligibility criteria for business relief
To be eligible for this program, a business must:
• Have a physical establishment located in Scott County, Minnesota
• Be a locally owned and operated business directly or indirectly (as defined under the program terms) impacted by State of Minnesota Executive Order 20-99
• Have no current tax liens on file with the Secretary of State at the time of application
• Be in good standing with Scott County and the city where the business is located
Visit for more details on program qualifications: https://www.scottcountymn.gov/DocumentCenter/View/14758/Scott-County-EO20-99-COVID-Recovery-Fund-Guidelines.
Application requirements for business relief
• Applications will be accepted starting at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 4, 2021
• Applications will be processed and awarded by the fund administrator, NextStage, on a rolling basis weekly until all funds are disbursed, or until March 8, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
• Visit https://www.scottcountymn.gov/DocumentCenter/View/14758/Scott-County-EO20-99-COVID-Recovery-Fund-Guidelinesfor additional requirements.
Comprehensive program details, application materials, as well as an accompanying FAQ document can be found at www.scottcda.org/resource/ScottCoEO20-99Relief.
** Free interpreter services are available upon request.