How do I get a copy of a police or accident report?

If you need a copy of an crash/incident report taken by the Sheriff's Office, jail booking records, or other records relating to the Sheriff's Office, you may obtain them from the Sheriff's Records staff or request them online through our Sheriff's Office Data Request Form. You may be charged a minor fee, depending on the length and format of the report. If you are requesting any data that isn't classified as "public," you must provide photo identification to process your request. For more information, visit our Records Division page

The Sheriff's Office does not maintain marriage, birth, death or other various court records. For vital records, please contact Customer Service at 952-496-8150. 

For court records, please contact Court Administration at 952-496-8200.

To obtain reports from city police, please contact the police department that wrote the report.

Show All Answers

1. When should I call 911?
2. What is the non-emergency number for Scott County Sheriff’s Dispatch?
3. Which agencies does Scott County dispatch for?
4. What are the phone numbers for Police Departments in Scott County?
5. How do I get a 911 address marker for the end of my driveway?
6. How do I get a copy of a police or accident report?